OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to ask if is a problem to skip my period all…

Customer Question
Hello I would like...

Hello I would like to ask if is a problem to skip my period all the time with the pill

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I have seen a nurse one month ago for the prescription at the family planning

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually to simply answer your question, NO it is not a problem for you to skip your period completely. This method is adopted by various women the world over and commonly, it does NOT lead to any problems or health issues. The simplest way to skip a period by using birth control pills is to simply continuously take the active pills and skip the placebo pills. So basically if you pack contains 28 pills, take the 21 active pills and once they are finished, switch to a new pack and start using active pills from that pack. The placebo pills would be discarded. You can continue to do this for upto 6-9 months or even longer. There are only two disadvantages to this method, namely, Breakthrough bleeding — bleeding or spotting between periods — is common when you use birth control pills to delay or prevent periods, especially during the first few months. Breakthrough bleeding typically decreases over time, however, as your body adjusts to the new regimen. Another drawback of routinely delaying your period is that it may be more difficult to tell if you're pregnant. If you have morning sickness, breast tenderness or unusual fatigue, take a home pregnancy test or a blood test.

But you can certainly use the pills in this manner just let your nurse or doctor know of your plan before starting.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor