OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

What are symptoms of herpes?

The hallmark of herpes is small, tender little blisters on the outside genitals. These can sometimes "unroof" or open up, leaving little "ulcerations" (where the skin seems broken open). This can sometimes be preceded by numbness, tingling, and/or fever or headaches.

Read full interaction below »

What are symptoms of herpes?

11/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 7 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Even if it is painless?

The herpes ulcerations tend to be quite painful.

I have no pain.

If you are having no pain at all, I don't know that it sounds like herpes.

All that being said, it's never a bad idea to get it checked out to make sure all is well.

If you've got a GYN or a family doc, they can examine you. If you have a Planned Parenthood nearby, they can take a look at it too.