OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am military and overseas last week after a day I felt 3

hello JA: Hello. How can I...
hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i am military and overseas last week after a long day I felt 3 cluster of bumps on my vagina I put a hot rag and tea tree oil on it and the bumps went down do you have any idea what it could be
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: my health is fine it popped up out of no where
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no ma'am
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

May I ask how old you are?
Do you shave?

Are you up to date on your pap smear?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
i am 26 I do shave, and I haven't gotten a pap since 2015 it is time
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
the bumps appeared on a place I don't shave

Where were the bumps exactly?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
on the clitoral hood on the left side of the clitoris

Thank you.

We do have something on the skin there called "sebaceous glands" which are basically clusters of cells that produce waxy secretions that become our natural lubrication. If one of these glands gets blocked off, you can get a little collection of secretions under the skin that then feel like a bump. These bumps can come and go and the warm compresses can help them resolve.

Based on your description it does not sound like herpes (which tends to be painful) or genital warts (which do not tend to resolve very quickly).

All of that being said, it's a good idea to get checked out and it sounds like you're due for you pap anyway, but I wouldn't say it's an emergency.

What other Qs do you have for me?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you do much I put a hot water compress, tea tree oil, and hydrocortizone it and that have went down is that safe to continue to do?

I would skip the tea tree oil as direct contact to the skin may cause irritation. I'd also skip the hydrocortisone as this is typically used for allergic reaction and skin irritation. A warm water compress alone should do the trick and you can use it 2-3 times/day and just keep it on the area until the washcloth cools.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok Thank you

You are welcome!

If you are satisfied with the responses provided please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN