OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had two abortion injections but both failed.. I wanted to…

Customer Question
I had two abortion...

I had two abortion injections but both failed..

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I wanted to know what's the chances for me to give birth to a healthy child or how all this effects the baby

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Let me check on the name of the drug

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not something that effects a pregnancy.i do have chrown disease but don't take medications

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I have done two abortion injections (methotrexate) and both tries failed.the second try they gave me a double dose.
After all this I'm considering of keeping the baby but I'm not sure how this medicine will effect the development and what's the risks. I would like to tell me your opinion.thank u
11/21/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Methotrexate is a fetal teratogen. Its strongly associated with birth defects. If this type of abortion fails, a surgical abortion is recommended
How high is the risk of the baby to be born with health issues?
In your experience,are there woman that gave birth to healthy child?
Its unlikely to have a healthy baby after several methotrexate injecdtions. It interferes development
in your opinion I shouldn't risk it at all and have a surgical abortion?
Thats your personal choice. I can just tell you what the recommendation is.