OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

What will happen if you drink Provera or any hormonal

Customer Question
imbalance medicine during your pregnancy...
what will happen if you drink Provera or any hormonal imbalance medicine during your pregnancy? does it affect the baby?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Are you currently pregnant?

Im asking for my sister in law she was diagnosed of hormonal imbalance 6 months ago so she's not aware that she is already pregnant she think she drink provera on her first trimester

I understand, thank you.

So the current data shows that it's perfectly safe to the baby even if the woman continues with hormones during the pregnancy regardless of the stage of the pregnancy.

So she should be perfectly safe as far as the baby is concerned.

nothing will happen to the baby?there will be no abnormalities on the genitals of the baby?

No, no abnormalities will take place and definitely no genital issues since genitals don't develop until much later in the pregnancy.

alright thank you so much!

You're welcome.

I hope I gave you a 5-star service.

Please click on rating when you have a chance.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click on the rating button when ready.

Dr. Mo