OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My on gave me the medroxyprogesteron since June to stop my…

My on gave me...

My on gave me the medroxyprogesteron since June to stop my fibroid from growing I haven't seen my period since July how long do I have to wait to c my period. Also can I take Clomid even not swing my peripd

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I had a myomectomy done three yrs ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had my daughter 14 months ago but I want 2 have another child b4 I have my uterus out that is y I want to know if I can take clomid

If i take the Clomid what is the chance of the fibroid growing fast while am on it
11/20/2017
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

Are you taking the medroxyprogesterone daily? What dose? How old are you?

Am 40 I had three shots the last one was June 16th I believe

Was it the Depo Provera shot?

Probably was but I haven't seen my period since the end of July. I spotted once it was a dark brown blood did not even last the whole day

Thank you.

The Depo Provera takes at least 3 months to completely get out of your system, and it can take up to a whole year for the hormone to completely leave your system and for your periods to go back to whatever they were going to be if you had not taken the shot at all.

There is no harm in starting Clomid at this point. I would talk to your doctor about prescribing you some. The Clomid is only taken for 5 days at a time, so it's not going to affect your fibroids much. There is a chance, now that you're off hormones, that the fibroids could grow, but given your age and desire for another pregnancy I would definitely pursue it.

How much longer 'till I c my period. So it is better to have my doctor prescribe me the clomid

Unfortunately it is impossible to know when your period will return.

For most people, the hormone leaves their system within 3 months after their last shot, but for some women the hormone can persist in their system (and keep preventing hormones) for up to 12 months after their last shot.

All that being said, you were pregnant, had a baby 14 months ago, and have been taking the Depo shot, so you haven't had a "natural" cycle in quite some time. This irregularity may be what your body is going to do now that all the hormones are out.

If you are wanting to get pregnant, I would definitely talk to your doc about getting some bloodwork done to make sure all is well, and start some Clomid. I would call the doc rather than wait for your period to come back, because we have no idea when your period is coming back.

She did blood work in September should I do one again b4 she start me on clomid

What did she say about your bloodwork in September?

What did she say about starting the Clomid?

Everything was fine and I never ask her about the Clomid.

Ah I see.

I personally as a gynecologist have no problems with letting my patients start Clomid without waiting for a period, if they are someone who does not have regular periods.

I would recommend you check with your doc about how best to proceed with the Clomid.

WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.9 THDS/CMM 3.6 - 11.0 THDS/CMM
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 4.82 MILL/CMM 3.80 - 5.20 MILL/CMM
HEMOGLOBIN 13.2 G/DL 11.9 - 16.0 G/DL
HEMATOCRIT 39.1 % 35 - 47 %
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOLUME 81 fL 75 - 100 fL
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HEMOGLOBIN 27.4 pg 26.0 - 33.0 pg
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HEMOGLOBIN CONC 33.8 g/dl 32.0 - 35.0 g/dl
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH 15.1 % 11.2 - 14.8 %
PLATELET COUNT 318 THOUS/CMM 140 - 440 THOUS/CMM
POLYS 55.3 % 45 - 75 %
LYMPHOCYTES % 34.5 % 20 - 45 %
MONOCYTES % 5.5 % 0 - 13 %
EOSINOPHILS % 4.3 % 0 - 5 %
BASOPHILS % 0.2 % 0 - 2 %
IMMATURE GRANULOCYTES 0.2 % 0 - 2 %
NEUTROPHILS ABSOLUTE 3.24 K/uL 1.9 - 8.0 K/uL
ABSOLUTE LYMPHS 2.02 K/uL 0.9 - 5.2MONOCYTES ABSOLUTE 0.32 K/uL 0.1 - 1.0 K/uL
EOSINOPHILS, ABSOLUTE 0.25 K/uL 0.0 - 0.80 K/uL
BASOPHILS ABSOLUTE 0.01 K/uL 0.0 - 0.2 K/uL
ABSOLUTE IMMATURE GRANULOCYTES 0.01 K/uL 0.00 - 0.06 K/uL
General Information
Collected:
09/16/ that was my test result from september
I will call her and c what she recommend
Thank u so much for your time u have a great help have a nice day. Have a happy holiday u and ur love ones. God bless

I agree your blood count looks perfect.

You could ask your doc about checking some hormone levels to make sure all is well.

I wish you all the best of luck.

If you are satisfied with the responses provided please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN
Dr. J
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN