OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Infection? I have had a hysterectomy. I am 77 years old, not…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a hysterectomy. I am 77 years old, not sexually active, and am having a greenish color discharge towart the front of my vagina.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Are you in any pain?

There is irritation which I have been using a "Summer's Eve" wet pad for. I have had this for several months.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The green vaginal discharge you are having can be due to various causes like:bacterial vaginosis,Trichomoniasis infection or some other infections..It is caused by a combination of multiple bacteria.It is the most common vaginal infection.

The "Summer's Eve" wet pad you are suing can be the probable cause of this infection

If the infection isn't treated, the bacteria may getup into the uterus or the fallopian tubes and cause more serious infections.It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then antibiotic treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

No—I will make an appt.

Dear customer

If you are done,then please leave apositive rating (3 or more stars)for my answer above the chat box.

If you have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor