OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My OBGYN says she will meet with me and my husband about…

Customer Question
My OBGYN says she will...
My OBGYN says she will meet with me and my husband about fertility after a year of trying. Me and my husband have a crazy travel schedule. Is there anything we can do to try and increase our chances of pregnancy? I’m trying to use the clear blue advanced opk but it tells me I️ have two different peeks a few days a part.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/20/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 9 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. You never have 2 different peak days. Only one. You are not supposed to keep testing after you get a positive result. So you cant have 2. If you have a normal 28 days cycle you start testing on day 9 or 10. As soon as you get a positive, it means ovulation will occur in 24 hours. Then stop testing. You should have intercourse that day. Alternatively if you cycle is normal you should strive to have intercourse every other day mid cycle on days 10/12 and 14. Day one is your first day of bleeding.
I’ve read a few times that your body can gear up to ovulate without actually ovulating so that may be why there is a second spike meaning I’m probably ovulating after the second spike. Is that a possibility or is that just faulty info?
No. Its NOT a second spike. There is no second spike ever. Once you get the surge, it means you are ovulating and you should STOP testing
http://www.clearblueeasy.com/healthcare/fertility-ovulation-test.php