OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I spotted 6days post ovulation with mild cramps that lasted…

Customer Question
I spotted 6days post ovulation...
I spotted 6days post ovulation with mild cramps that lasted about a week and a half, with my body temp elevating, had dizziness, been very tired lately and super sore breast, tingly nipples and I spotted again last night, which is around the time I am supposed to get my period. Last night I had intercourse and this morning I started bleeding. I had a miscarriage three years ago and this would be my second pregnancy. Is it normal for this to happen?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/19/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

What's your answer? I'm not sure what's going on.

Well these symptoms could be unrelated to you being pregnant. Ovulation can normally raise your body temp with other associated symptoms as you mentioned above. If you are bleeding now ,it would mean its your normal period.

I know my body well and I could tell that there was something off about these symptoms, in the past I haven't had these symptoms with my normal period, we are trying to conceive so I was very convinced that I was expecting. Since I haven't had these symptoms since my last pregnancy. Not to mention I almost passed out in a store, had vertigo and mild nausea. Perhaps a personal doctor visit with an ultrasound will confirm my suspicion.

Would recommend you to take a urine pregnancy test or blood test for beta HCG as ultrasound would take time to detect any conceived embryo

Urine tests never work on me, when I was 8 weeks pregnant they still came out negative, and if I make an appointment to do a blood test it may take a while to get in the doctors office. I will wait and see if the bleeding persists, if not I will have to get an appointment asap.

Yes if you really think you had conceived then yes thats the way to go . I wish you all the best