OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have an unusual pain that is sharp and comes and goes

Customer Question
I have an unusual...

I have an unusual pain that is sharp and comes and goes above my pubic bone and over to the let side. it feels like a bruise and very sensitive when pushed.. it started a week ago huring in the back tailbone area and progressed to this. I had a mona Lisa touch done. This was my 3rd one. The other 2 not reaction but this did start following that. Could this be the problem. I also have diverticulitis but rarely have any attacks from it.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

10 days ago. It helps to have a bowl movement as it takes the pressure away fromthe area. I wake up with these spasms during the nigjht which get very painful. I'm on copra but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothin other than hoshimotis

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/18/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this pain

how old are you?

what is your height and weight?

have you tried to do any groin muscle stretches? sometimes a pulled groin muscle can cause pain in that area.

waking up in the middle of the night with pain sounds like diverticulosis pain

have you been having any constipation or hard small stools? this can often worsen diverticulosis pain.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified