OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

For the last few months I notice a vaginal odor by the end…

Customer Question
For the last few...

For the last few months I notice a vaginal odor by the end of the day. Why?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No, irregular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 82 years old and sexually active. Very active person.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/17/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well vaginal is usually caused by change in pH of vagina . A very common cause of that is bacterial vaginosis which can be easily treated with course of metronidazole or tinidazole. Vaginal Swab test can help find out if there is any infection.

Probiotics like lactobacillus can help maintain vaginal pH too so you may try that option as well.

I hope you find it useful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Hope it was useful.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.