OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having great hurting in my vagina because of my back, I…

Customer Question
I am having great...

I am having great hurting in my vagina because of my back, I have a very bad disc and cushion at my L4 disc and my vagina is really giving me GREAT hurting..what do I DO I seen a GYN yesterday who prescribed a numbing cream which I don't have yet but she doubts if it will work?? I just would like to find out how the inner workings of my vagina works????

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

For over two weeks and all I can get it to stop is to place ice on it every 20 minutes...ugh...!!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am 78 yrs old and have had a wonderful sex life but I am thru with that..!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/17/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

One of reason of this kind of pain is pelvic floor problems and weakness. Several organic and functional disorders of the urinary bladder, reproductive tract, and the pelvic floor musculature cause pelvic pain and back pain. One of the cause to be considered for your pain is levator ani syndrome. Ask your physician to consider this entity and get the following investigations;

1) defecography,

2) pelvic MRI

3) nerve-conducting velocities and needle-electromyographic studies are used to help evaluate compression or entrapment neuropathy and pelvic floor function.

4) transvaginal ultrasound.

The treatment is following;

1) electrogalvanic stimulation,

2) biofeedback training,

3) digital massage of the levator ani muscles

4) sacral nerve stimulation

5) physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles

Please read about this on this resource;

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch020/ch020g.html

Pelvic congestion syndrome, Pelvic floor relaxation disorders, Pelvic floor dysfunction too need to be considered for the pain. Though treatment is essentially same.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor