OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Hernia in a large women in her 40s what are the symtons.

Customer Question
Hernia in a large...

Hernia in a large women in her 40s what are the symtons

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes waiting on a referal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am over weight ,im feeling sick all of the time al so out of breath when I,am at work realy tierd

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/17/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Umbilical hernia, inguinal hernia and femoral hernia have swelling which increases on standing, coughing, sneezing or straining. Pain may be present or absent. Mild discomfort is usual.

An hiatal hernia will have;

a) Acid reflux

b) Heartburn.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

no two hiatal hernia yes two swelling and straing pain all of the time and sweating ,when working a,lot
can ,t afford

Where are swelling exactly situated?

Do the swellings increase on coughing?

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor