OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have a question, I have something very important going on

Customer Question
Hello, i have a question...
Hello, i have a question, I have something very important going on in three days. I know my period will be this week in fact I believe it’s actually arriving a tad late. This morning i had a little small spotting. Nothing big like i normally get each month when it comes. So I asked my DR to prescribe me Norethindrone which she did and i started taking it this afternoon. It is 0.35mg but since i noticed the 5mg 3x daily is what can stop the period from coming. I took two this afternoon and one this evening. Can i just take like 2 at a time 3xs daily starting tomorrow to hopefully stop this period from coming ??
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: OB GYN
11/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 30 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, Norethisterone 5mg has to be taken in the following way-

One tablet three times a day beginning three days before the expected period is due to begin.

It is then taken every day in the same dosage until such time until it is convenient for the period to begin when you stop taking the tablets.

However, i understand that you have start taking Norethisterone, from today after seeing little spotting.

This medication, can work in further postponing your periods.

I would not suggest, you to take two tablets at a time.

You can take in dosage of Norethisterone 5mg three times a day. This would help in preventing period to come.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you but i do not have it in 5mg tabs. I have it in 0.35mg. So what is the equivalent i can take to equal the 5mg 3xs daily?

Ok. I would suggest that you can take a new prescription of 5mg.

As you have to take in total 14 tablets of 0.35 mg which would equal to 5mg. It would be very tough to take 14 tablets at one time.

So, please ask your doctor for prescription of 5mg Norethisterone.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor