OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

The birth control I'm on is continuous, meaning I don't

The birth control I'm...

The birth control I'm on is continuous, meaning I don't usually get my period. But I was spotting so I suspended the usage for a week (which is what my doctor usually recommends me doing). That was Friday, so 5 days ago more or less. Now I am not bleeding anymore so I was wondering if I should go back to taking the pill today or wait until this Friday

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain and I don't usually get them because of the type of pill I take

11/15/2017
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. You can restart the pills today or wait a full 7 days and restart them on Friday, it makes no difference. I would not until past Friday to restart the pills though.

Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN
ok thank you