OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a new partner and have been having sex for roughly…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new partner and have been having sex for roughly 3-4 weeks after five years. Everything has been fine until after my latest period. Now my vagina is very uncomfortable. Not exactly painful, but it feels almost like it is scratched up. There is very mild itching but nothing terrible, some swelling, and tenderness to touch. There is no discharge or odor and it doesn't burn when I urinate. I've been using Aquaphor and ice but it has been 3 days now and I'm starting to get worried. I am 44 years old and not going through menopause or anything like that. I seem to be a little dry but I've been washing the area very well so that may have something to do with it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing regarding my current issue, no.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/14/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having mild itching,some swelling, and tenderness to touch after having sex can be due to possibility of friction from rough sex or there can be possibility of mild infection.

Although you do not have any discharge or odor- but still infection can be a possibility.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

Also use lubricant before having sex. This will help friction & hence any inflammation.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

If you have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor