OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 52 years old and had five arvekap injections. The last…

Customer Question
Hello, I am 52...

Hello, I am 52 years old and had five arvekap injections. The last one was 20 August and still no period. I am worried I might be pregnant. Is it possible?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/14/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Chances of pregnancy are less at this age.In my opinion you are undergoing menopause.Menopause is the time that marks the end of your menstrual cycles. It's diagnosed after you've gone 12 months without a menstrual period. Menopause can happen in your 40s or 50s.Menopause is a natural biological process.

You can undergo a Urine pregnancy test for confirmation.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thanks for answering. My question is whether it is possible at this age to get pregnant after five months of arvekap injections, the last one being on August 20, before getting my first period after the five month treatment.

Less likely to get pregnant at this age.

Chances are you are going through menopause.