OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had bacterial vaginosis before, and I think I may…

Customer Question
Hi, I have had...

Hi, I have had bacterial vaginosis before, and I think I may have it again. My problem is that I'm going out of the country tomorrow morning, and I am currently in my period. Is they're anything I can do before I go?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I have an online medical record with my usual OB/GYN

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

That is the only issue I have every come across. Ever

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 5 months ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

BV is normally treated with antibiotics like metronidazole or clindamycin which are only available on prescription.

Other option for you is Balance activ vaginal gel,It has been shown to be as effective as antibiotics in relieving symptoms of BV. It contains lactic acid and glycogen, working with your body to promote the growth of good bacteria and restore the natural vaginal balance.

You can buy this without prescription.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread so that I can be credited for helping you today.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

Hello there,just checking to see how things are going,do you need any further assistance?

medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Doctor