OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a question about my period. They were ever 28-35 days.

Customer Question
Second opinion] I had...

Second opinion] I had a question about my period.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

They were ever 28-35 days. Last month it came at 22 days, and this month it's at 19 I am on lo loestrin fe, and I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been trying to lose weight so I'm also on a thermogenic. I'm not sure if they affect the b.c.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

If you are losing weight then that can certainly affect the potency of the birth control. There is minimal interaction between thermogenic and the birth control pills. So I don't think the supplement would be causing it. But it's normal for your periods to become irregular in this manner when you're trying to lose weight so I wouldn't be too concerned. Is there anything else that worries you regarding this?

Please let me know if I can clarify the information any further.

If you have no other questions then I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo