OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a healthy 64 year old woman. I’ve just noticed the last…

Customer Question
Hi. I’m a healthy...

Hi. I’m a healthy 64 year old woman. I’ve just noticed the last few days that I’m swollen inside my vagina and it’s protruding outside of my body so that I’m sitting on dry tissue and it’s sticks to my underwear. Why is this? What can I do? It’s more noticeable at night

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No. It’s just been gradually getting more noticeable Maybe a couple of weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve had a hysterectomy when I was 35. I’ve had two children. I haven’t had sex for over a year so it’s not related to that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/13/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you feel decrease in pressure while lying down?

Are you on any medications?

Do you get difficulty in evacuating stool?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, it sounds to be Vaginal prolapse.

Prolapse is caused by weakening of tissues that support the pelvic organ

A prolapse may be treated with vaginal pessary. This helps to hold the prolapsed organ in place.

The line of treatment is-

1. Physiotherapy- This would strengthen the pelvic floor that supports your organs. A physiotherapist can design a special pelvic exercise program for you. Physiotherapy aims to fix prolapses.

2. A pessary can be placed inside your vagina to hold up the prolapsed organ, this would be helpful.

3. In case, symptoms doesn’t improves than Surgery can be advised to repair the torn or stretched pelvic floor.

You can see your primary doctor.

They would carry out an internal pelvic examination and advise appropriate line of treatment.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh