OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a high vaginal swab done and the result says I have…

Customer Question
Hi.I had a high...

Hi.I had a high vaginal swab done and the result says I have Pus cells 1-2/hpf and Epithelial cells 4-5/hpf.Every other thing is nil.What does this result mean?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I have never had any Pap smear.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No,save for the fact that my husband has been having series of sexual relationships outside resulting in my contracting series of infections from him.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/11/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
This is Dr David
Pus cells are a sign of a prior infection. Epithelial cells are 100% normal and come from the lining of your vagjnal canal. If the vagjnal cultures are negative, then you don’t have a current vaginal infection. You don’t have to worry about infection. Let me know if you have questions