OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm expecting. Last pap was 10/23 and was irregular

Customer Question
I'm expecting. Doctor's Assistant:...

I'm expecting.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Last pap was 10/23 and was irregular

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
My real question is this. 2 different partners. One on August 19 and one on August 27. Had an ultrasound on 10/10 measuring 7 weeks 6 days then another on 10/23 measuring 10 weeks 3 days. My due date is May 18 and last period Aug 11 usually 26-28 day cycle. Is there a way to narrow down when I conceived?
11/10/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

Congratulations! With your last period coming on August 11, you would be fertile and ovulate between August 19-25. This would make the father the man you had intercourse with on August 19th the most likely father. The difference in the ultrasounds from 7 weeks and 10 weeks have a Plus/Minus of 6 days. This would account for the difference in the baby's gestational age. If you need to know, there are tests that can be taken to determine paternity, but it requires a blood test from one of the possible fathers and one of them needs to give consent for the test. But based on the information you provided, the mot likely father is from intercourse on August 19th.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope I have addressed your concerns.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I know condoms are not 100% however the man on the 19th used protection where as the 27th used the "pull out" method. Does that change anything?

A condom can leak and you can get pregnant from that leakage. The "pull out" method can also cause pregnancy.

Based on the date you gave me for your last period, August 11th and I assume that is the first day of your last period. Unless you can give me more accurate dates for your last period, the father is the man from the 19th.

The very first day of my period was August 11. I keep close track of that.

In this case, the father remains your partner of the 19th. It sounds like this is not the person you want to be the father, but unfortunately, I can't change that. If he is not the one, I am sorry.

It isn't that, just not who I initially thought since we used protection. What recommendations do you have for paternity test?

Depending on your area, but Quest or LabCorp can do the testing and there are labs listed online that can do the testing. This is a blood test that needs the permission of the possible father.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor