OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

In 2012 i had an abnormal pap and had to get the procedure…

Customer Question
Hi! In 2012 i...

Hi! In 2012 i had an abnormal pap and had to get the procedure where they do a biopsy the following year my pap was good and then from 2014-2017 i have had abnormal pap smears and this year will be my 3rd biopsy in a row, but 4 in my lifetime. They always come back fine and don't show precancerous cells. This is becoming so common for me i'm very worried this time as to whats wrong. I even took prenatal vitamins being told it could help.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

It was a couple of weeks ago and it it came back irregular they want me to get the procedure done (for the 3rd year in a row) where they do a biopsy. I've had 4 irregular pap smears now since 2012

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/10/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Please upload your pap result.