OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had unprotected sex 26 days ago and am having extremely…

Customer Question
Hi, I had unprotected...

Hi, I had unprotected sex 26 days ago and am having extremely sore breasts and a weird feeling in my tummy. At the time, I was on birth control (combo pill taking it within the same 4 hours every day). This week, I took some pregnancy tests and they all were negative within the typically time frame, but all of the ones with blue dye had a faint line show up hours later. Am I pregnant? Shouldn’t I get a positive hpt this long after?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain in my breasts has been for the past week or so. My period came on the 5th with my one before that on the 7/8th of October (since it started late in the evening).

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had sex on the 14th

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: OB GYN
I also started a new birth control this week (after completely finishing the last pack and taking the four days of placebo pills). My period ended yesterday. I tested during my period and every day since.
11/10/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am aboard certified consultant with over 30years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

As such chances of pregnancy are less likely since you are already on birth control pills especially if you haven't missed any pill.

The faint line you describe is most likely evaporation line.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

The faint lines had color to them. Does that make a difference? Does being off by a couple of hours on a pill count as a missed pill? How far off would it have to be to count? When would I know for sure that I’m not pregnant/in the clear?

Usually the test manual suggest to read the test after 15-20 minutes.

No it don't count as missed pill.

You can undergo a ultrasound or blood pregnancy test called as Quantitative Beta HCG levels for confirmatory results.