OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Manos - I noticed this period towards the end, I have had…

Customer Question
Hello Dr. Manos -I noticed...
Hello Dr. Manos -I noticed this period towards the end, I have had lower abdominal cramps on one side and not the other? Is that uncommon? In addition, I have had some issues with feeling nauseous. What could be causing this discomfort?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
11/10/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 5 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Thank you for requesting me about your concern. There is no way to zero in as to the cause of abdominal cramps you are experience. Can it be related to your reproductive organs? Your symptoms are not specific at this point. It could be related to your GI tract or urinary tract. Is it debilitating? Are you writhing in pain and need emergency follow up? Have your stools changed or there is diarrhea? You are the best monitor of your state of being, and can choose how far to go getting an answer. You might be doing better now as I just found your request online.
It's comes and goes. No change in my stools. I don't notice anything else other than I feel a little dizzy at times
When you say “dizzy”, do you feel like you are turning or the room is spinning. Or do you feel lightheaded and sit down and it stops. You may be a little dehydrated and you might increase you fluid intake.
Just a little lightheaded
It may stop or continue. It was simple to do an ultrasound in the office when a patient had a problem. Did them myself. If you can’t releave your concern then you need someone that knows how to evaluate the problem.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN