OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am on birth control, belara, and on the 4th day I miss it…

I am on birth control...
I am on birth control, belara, and on the 4th day I miss it and took it 15 hours late, then on the 5th day i had unprotected sex and on the 6th day I missed belara again and took it 12 hours later. Since that happened I was freaking out and took plan b on the 7th day. After that, i have been taking my birth control on time. But on the 11th had unprotected sex again and after that i read that if you are on birth control and take plan b you should not have unprotected sex until 7 days later. So on the 15th day i took plan b again because i was freaking out.
I know that with all these my body is full of hormones but anxiety if also killing me since I don’t know if I ovulated o if I am pregnant.
So I will like to know what the chances that I ovulated during those weeks are and become pregnant? Plan b is supposed to delay ovulation, but since I kept taking the birth control would that mean that I did not ovulate. Which of the two unprotected sex would have put me in higher risk of pregnancy? And when is the best time to take a pregnancy test.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/8/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I would say given the fact that you took plan b twice plus your normal BC that it is highly highly unlikely you are pregnant

most likely you are not

is this helpful?

it is probable that i ovulated after the first plan b intake?

correct

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

no i still have other questions. so you are saying that it is highly highly unlikely that i am pregnant but also saying that t is probable that i ovulated after the first plan b intake which was on 7th day of the pills. So if I did ovulate, eventhougn i kept on taking belara and i had sex on the 11th day of the pill, how is it highly unlikely that i am pregnant
Plan b is supposed to delay ovulation, but since I kept taking the birth control would that mean that I did not ovulate?

I'm sorry. I didn't understand your question. No it is likely that your ovulation was suppressed and you had withdrawal bleeding.

i did not had withdrawal bleeding should i be concerned?
given everything that i took it is likley i did not ovulate and thus did not get pregnant, even for the sex on the 11 day, the probability of me getting pregnant are very low?
which of the two times that i had sex put me more ar risk of pregnancy, the one on the 5th day of the pill or the one on the 11th? and when is the earliest that you advise to take a pregnancy test to 100% discard pregnancy
I am sorry for all these questions but anxiety is killing me
hello?
hi

that is correct.

very low

the 11th was more likely but still very low

take it 2 weeks from then

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor