OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I've been taking birth control for about a year now. Last…

Hi, so i've been...

Hi, so i've been taking birth control for about a year now. Last weekend, I went home (im in university) but left my birth control at school. I didn't take it for 2 days. Over the course of those2 days that I didn't take the pills, I got my period. However, when I got back to school, I took both of the pills that I missed, on top of the one that I was scheduled to take that day (total of 3 pills). On Sunday, I was scheduled to get my period, but it hasn't come. Is that normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Cramps, but nothing extreme. My periods are always on schedule with my birth control when I don't miss any days

10/25/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How far along the course of the month's worth of pills were you when you missed taking them for those two days?

about in the middle-end of my second week

OK

Nothing unexpected here

You just jumbled your hormones somewhat with what you did

You may or may not get your period this time around but it will get back to normal next month

Please let me know if you need any more information

im not pregnant?

No--no way

even if i had unprotected sex? (didn't ejaculate inside of me)

Even then--you were still covered by your pills

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
okay, thank you!

My pleasure

Call on me anytime

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice