OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

How accurately can a doctor predict the conception date

within the first four weeks...
How accurately can a doctor predict the conception date within the first four weeks, before an ultrasound?
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: I am the potential father, so I do not know that answer. My partner had intercourse with someone else two weeks after me, and the doctor predicts the other person is the father. I am just wondering if he could be off by two weeks in that prediction.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes, my health is very good.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
10/23/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Calculating the date of conception by LMP during early pregnancy is an estimate and can be off two weeks so i would recommend you to wait for an ultrasound as date of conception is most accurate during early pregnancy ultrasound specially between 8 to 18 weeks time period.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

My pleasure.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor