OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Found a rough feeling patch at cervix opening (checking for…

Customer Question
Found a rough feeling patch...
Found a rough feeling patch at cervix opening (checking for strings) again. I went last month and saw GYN thinking IUD was coming out (Skyla expelled in shower 3 days after former doc told me I was "weird") - she checked it and said she didn't see or feel anything out of the ordinary and strings were in the right area. She then sent me for TV US - normal. Last normal pap (and several paps before all normal) was October 2015 - not due till October 2018. But have had HPV positive PAPS about 10 - 12 years ago.
47 YO taking 200 mg prometrium orally at night - have Kyleena IUD since 4/2017 to control horrific bleeding - 1 super plus tampon AND pad every 15 minutes at its worst. Now, almost no bleeding now (knock on wood) and am no longer living in fear of bleeding to death, for now.
Anyhoo...I felt the same weird area last month when I went to doctor - she said all looked and felt normal. She thought what I was feeling was the strings sliding over cervix, but I don't think so, I can feel them on the other side. Then she felt the area and said it was normal but could feel what I was talking about it and said it was normal.
So, my question is - could this be normal - it doesn't feel any different then it did a month or two ago. And if it was something awful (and I asked this of the GYN) and if I could feel something bad could she see and feel it when looking at strings and she said yes - if I could feel something right at the tip of the cervix she would be able to see and feel it. Same doc who put in the Kyleena in April.
I had a hysteroscopy (normal and they put Skyla in at that time) in early 2015, numerous tests, sonograms, pelvic exams etc since then. Just wondering if a rough patch - sort of feels like a tiny scab - could be a nabothelian cyst or just normal rough area or could it be part of the IUD itself. I am just scared it could be cervical cancer and be missed. But, my husband said as many folks that have been giving me exams would have seen something wrong by now. lol...
I am going to call and ask for an earlier PAP next month instead of waiting till October of next year, once new insurance kicks in on November 1. But am trying to calm myself now - no bloating, no abnormal bleeding (yay), no pain, no discharge nothing out of the ordinary. I wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't had to check for strings.
Thanks for any help / advice!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/22/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

if there was something abnormal they absolutely would have caught it with either an exam or TVUS

I think you are fine

you might be feeling something there but it can't be anything very serious with all the testing you have had

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor