OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Cheesy odor fro vagina and anus. 1 month. Maybe because I…

Customer Question
Cheesy odor fro vagina...

Cheesy odor fro vagina and anus

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

1 month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, maybe because I love beer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask is there any discharge from the vagina? Any itching or redness?

Since you seem to be offline ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

The most likely cause here is that you could have developed bacterial vaginosis which is a condition in which there is overgrowth of certain bacteria in the vagina and even in the anal region which can lead to this sort of odor coming from the vagina. This would be diagnosed on a simple clinical examination and then can be treated with antibiotics and certain probiotics as well which would correct the problem quite easily.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor