OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I’m 23 weeks pregnant, I was sitting in a chair and had a

hyper puppy about 20lbs jump...
I’m 23 weeks pregnant, I was sitting in a chair and had a hyper puppy about 20lbs jump up on my lap. He jumped on my stomach. Didn’t hurt much, but should I worry it could have hurt the baby at all?
10/15/2017
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. If you're not bleeding, didn't have a big gush of fluid, and aren't having pain or contractions, sounds like you're OK. Your uterus is made of thick muscle and does a lot to protect the fetus inside. If you begin having any of those symptoms I described, I would go for fetal heart tones to make sure everything looks OK. Are you feeling your baby move OK?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still feel her kicking no other symptoms
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there I a lot of protection from the uterus in generally - wouldn’t cause any injuries to her without those symptoms?

If you can feel your baby moving, I think you're alright. It would be very unlikely to have injury from trauma with absolutely no symptoms.

Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified OB/GYN