OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a health question. Doctor. spots on my vagina, very…

I have a sexual...

I have a sexual health question

Doctor's Assistant: Do you want to talk to one of these Experts: Doctor, Employment Lawyer?

Doctor

Doctor's Assistant: OK. As the Doctor's Assistant I have a few questions for you. What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

White spots on my vagina, very slight itch, very slight discomfort

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?

This would be day 2

10/12/2017
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.I would like to know your age/whether sexually active or not/are you on any medication for any other disease?Please give me more information,thanks.

I am 29. Sexually active. No medication.
I will attach photos of the issue. I noticed about a day ago. There was just a slight discomfort. In the picture my skin looks pretty irritated and bumpy but that is normal for me. I attached a photo of the patches before and after a shower... they seemed to wash away a bit? I would say they are slightly itchy. It doesn't burn when I urinate.
Some more photos

I would initially go with Thrush or Candidiasis,as the commonest cause of an itchy vagina in your age group.The other causes would include Trichomonasis Psoriasis,lichen sclerosus ,allergic reaction to vaginal products/detergents/drug allergy ,stress and anxiety .For treating the fungal infection,it is important that both he partners are treated at the same time to prevent passing the infection to and fro.If the itch ande spots do not respond to OTC antifungals,it would be best to consult your Gynaecologist who can examine you and investigate you further.

Thank you. I will follow up with antifungal treatment and my doctor if that doesn't help. Thank you again!

You are welcome,please rate my answer as 4 or 5 stars so that I am paid for my effort,thank you.

Dr. Vakul Aren