OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Have burning and itching in vagina have bought over counter…

Have burning and itching...

Have burning and itching in vagina have bought over counter cystex not working

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Three or four days had a outbreak of herpes it happens when I am stressed but they have passed now this

10/10/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have any discharge?

none just the itch and burning had some discharge on Saturday
no this way is fine

Ok great!

how old are you?

54
are you still there

yes, I'm here

Most likely you have one of two things

A yeast infection with little to no discharge

Or something called BV. Bacterial vaginosis.

this is an overgrowth of normal bacteria

I would try OTC monistat and an oral probiotic

that should cover both issues

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
thank you

welcome :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor