OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been having more uncomfortable ovulation pain these…

Hello! I’ve been having more uncomfortable...
Hello!
I’ve been having more uncomfortable ovulation pain these past few months-only on my left side. This time it has hung around for longer than usual and has been more intense. I have had pain during intercourse just this month that was felt more central to my uterus kind of like menstrual cramping. It lasted for about a half an hour and then calmed down. I am having no problems with bowel or urination and no bleeding in-between my cycle. I am 42 years old. Thank you.
Also left side ovary discomfort when sitting.
10/9/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

After reading the description of your symptoms this really does not seem like anything sinister. The more serious conditions present with irregular bleeding during or between menstrual cycles, there is drastic weight loss, longer lasting pangs of pain that are more intense and sharp, fever, tenderness in the lower abdomen etc.

With the symptoms you have, ovarian cyst or a uterine fibroid are the most common things that come to mind and that too early stage ones.

So, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your PCP and get an ultrasound of the lower abdomen done. If the ultrasound does show something that needs further evaluation, then your PCP can schedule an appointment with your Obs/Gyn.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor