OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it normal to have cramps whilst I get my period after…

Customer Question
Is it normal to...

Is it normal to have cramps whilst I get my period after having IUD Mirena implanted a week ago?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I had endometriosis surgery recently - had period every 3 weeks Today is the 3rd day I am getting the cramps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have adenomyosis hence the mirena

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/9/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Yes, it is normal.

These cramps gradually may wane off on its own.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl