OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took postinor 2 and I bled for five days and now two weeks…

Customer Question
Hello doctor I took...

Hello doctor I took postinor 2 and I bled for five days and now two weeks after I'm due for my menses but I'm having serious stomach cramps with no blood please am I safe

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Fine just the cramp

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started this week could it be pre menstrual cramp tho I have never had it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/6/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually this is not anything i would be concerned about and you are ABSOLUTELY safe, using postinor 2 can cause your cycle to be delayed by upto 4 weeks in some cases and it can also cause a hormonal imbalance which can lead to the development of lower abdominal pains as well as back pains in some cases. However this is a normal reaction and you should start to feel better in the next couple of weeks. The hormonal imbalance should start to settle down within the next two weeks. However if you start to experience vaginal discharge, urinary symptoms or worsening of the stomach or back pain then you should get evaluated and get started on medications to correct the hormonal imbalance.

But i can reassure you that you are safe and dont need to be scared, these are effects of the postinor 2 which can sometimes occur in patients.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor