OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question? I was using the Evra patch as a birth…

Customer Question
Yes, I have a...

Yes, I have a question? I was using the Evra patch as a birth control for only 3 months. I got off from it this August. I did have intercourse with my boyfriend Sept 5th and it was first day being fertile.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

I did get my period the exact date which was Sept 24. It came regular and on the 25 it was moderate as usual in my period. Later on that day on y was just a line color darkbrown. and on the 26 It was just spotting and came to that color. Later again that day it stopped completely and later at 6pm again spotting. and that was it. I normally last with my period 4 days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I had a papsmere and everything came out ok.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/5/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Everything seems in order

What is your question?

My question is can evra patch birth control had cause for my period to be lighter? I did have intercourse with my bf sept 5 and it was the first day being fertile.

Yes, once you go off the patch your period can change.

This is hormonal readjustment./

If any irregularity continues, you need to see your OB.

In fact, once stopping the pill, if you are trying to get pregnant, you need your OB doctor following you.

It can take up to a year for hormones to get balanced again.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Ok, so this may not mean that I'm pregnant? Cause i was with my bf sept 5 and it was my first day bieng fertile. My periods have always been normal even with the patch on.

If you got your period after sex, not likely.

Sorry for the delay, your question did not show in the request center.

You can take a pregnancy test, but you are getting your period as normal.

Not likely./

OK, let me k now if you have more questions.

On sept 24 i got my period on time & had a normal flow. 25 moderate as usual. Leter that day there was just a line on my pad darkbrown. On 26 i was just spotting darkbrown, later that day it was less than a dime and stopped for 2 hrs and at 6pm spotting again. I normally lasy 4 day in my period. Did the patch cause for my period to have this change?

Yes most likely./

Did you get my first answer. I stated this was most likely the case.

Please review that answer again and let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a 5 rating on the scale , then I am clear with just answer and can follow up with you as needed.