OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having some irregular bleeding (pretty bright red, not…

Customer Question
Hi. I am having some...
Hi. I am having some irregular bleeding (pretty bright red, not dark period red, not sure if that matters). I started my last period on 9/20, so I don't think this is my period. I had unprotected sex this past Sunday (10/1) and I'm currently wondering if this could be an early sign of pregnancy and wondering if I should take Plan B.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/4/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are concerned about a possible pregnancy. This is possibly implantation bleeding and taking Plan B within 72 hours of intercourse could prevent a pregnancy. It is worth a try! Usually implantation bleeding begins 6-10 days after the beginning of a pregnancy, so the timing is a little early. But as I said, taking Plan B will not harm you and may be beneficial.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts, questions? You may also want to consider a visit to your GYN if the bleeding does not stop. This is not caused by a STI but may be secondary to trauma to your vagina and not a possible pregnancy.

How are you feeling?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor