OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I currently am on Tri-Cyclin Lo. I was 2 hours late taking…

Customer Question
I currently am on Tri-Cyclin...
I currently am on Tri-Cyclin Lo. I was 2 hours late taking the third pill of my new pack, and I know the first week is one of the most important. I was also a few hours late taking one or two more pills at other time during my new pack. I have never gone 24 hours without taking a pill though. I also experienced some vomiting around the last days of the first week of my pill pack. Any sickness was well over two hours of taking my pills though. I threw up only once and minor diarrhea. Am I still protected? My last period was around the 15th of September and I started my new pack on the 21st of September if that helps.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/4/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I don't see a concern here at all.

2 hours difference is not a problem at all. Once daily is the prescription.

If you are on the pill regularly, you could even accidently skip a day, take the extra pill and be OK.

Hormones do not leave your system that quickly.

Being sick well after two hours after taking the pill, again, as long as you take it daily, is also not going to mess up your coverage.

I am sure your doctor will confirm this, but relax in the meantime.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.