OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

3rd week after dnc, polyp removal an fibroid. Been having a…

Customer Question
3rd week after dnc...

3rd week after dnc, polyp removal an fibroid. Been having a lot of lower abdominal pressure, tenderness, some outter vag burning. Just not sure if it’s lingering recovery or somethings wrong...also, I have a question about the pathology verbiage...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

Since the procedure. Not in pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had 1 polyp and fibroids removed about 5-6 yrs ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. i just came online to see that you had been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually the presence of abdominal pressure, tenderness and burning in the vagina this far out from the surgery is more likely to indicate an underlying infection of the female reproductive tract. It is a common post operative complication that women develop infections, this can explain all of your symptoms. It is not necessary to develop the classic symptoms of an infection such as discharge or fever and you can have a localized infection causing these problems. This is why it is important to get this evaluated with the help of a simple clinical examination and also with the help of a pelvic ultrasound which should be diagnostic in this case. A high vaginal swab as well as urine test including analysis and culture would be helpful here as well. i would also go for blood tests such as CBC and CRP to determine the severity of the infection. Once diagnosed the treatment can be witrh antibiotics or oral anti fungal agents as the case may be.

Regarding your question on pathology, please upload the pathology report and i would be happy to interpret it for you.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor