OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am currently on 11th day of Duphaston.. I had my periods…

Customer Question
Hi I am currently...

Hi I am currently on 11th day of Duphaston.. I had my periods on 2nd of September till 5th. on the 14th 16th and 18th I did my follicular study where I had 2 good size follicles 30mm and 12mm on the left and one 8mm on the right..on the 14th itself the folicles reptured and there was fluid in the pod..i started Duphaston on the 20th and now experiencing faint dark blood strings like stuff present while I urinate..and also had yesterday blacking brown stains.i feel very tried and slept the whole day without doing anything...keep having on/ off pain in my stomach like how i have it before my periods..is it a sign of my periods.. can I get my periods while I'm on medication.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had been on Clomid from my 2nd day of periods for 5days..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
10/1/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, you can have periods while you are on Duphaston

are you trying to get pregnant?

it is now the beginning of october and so it could be time for your next period cycle

so your pains and aches can be symptoms prior to your period

let me know if you have questions.

I am trying to conceive for a while now my ovulation days were around 14th where I had intercourse on 15th 17th 19th started Duphaston on 20th..can I be pregnant ..when is it a good time to check

you may be pregnant

if you don't get your period coming up in the next few days, you can do a home urine pregnancy test to check for pregnancy.

you can buy these home urine pregnancy tests usually at the drug store or pharmacy.

if you get your period, you most likely are not pregnant.

let me know if you have other questions.