OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just looking on-line to find out why my is so

Customer Question
I was just looking...

I was just looking on-line to find out why my clit is so sensitive I have been taking a strong antibiotic due to kidney infection I think it's the cause but I can't Even touch it just weird and I was curious

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No ma'am and about 2 months ago everything was fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/30/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for sometime so ill quickly answer this question for you. Now from what you are describing there are a few problems which can cause excessive sensitivity of the clitoris, the first one is certainly that a few antibiotics can cause excessive sensitivity of the genital region however this is a temporary effect and it would fade once the antibiotics are stopped, usually within a couple of weeks. Now another cause of this would be due to a hematoma of the clitoris. This can be due to a small amount of bleeding inside the clitoris. This type of collection of blood is essentially the same as a bruise. It would again fade over time and usually needs no treatment.

Pain in the clitoris (as opposed to soreness caused by sex) is unusual. In most cases, it's due to vulvodynia. This is a condition where the vulva – or parts of it – becomes tender. This can be diagnosed on the basis of a clinical examination.

Another cause can be an infection, in many patients who have a kidney infection it can sometimes also cause an infection of the genital tract and you could be experiencing this pain because of the infection spreading. if this is the case then it should be evaluated with the help of a simple clinical examination and it is possible an additional antibiotic may be needed.

Also if you can tell which antibiotic you are on i can confirm whether it causes clitoral pain or not.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor