OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having constipation with my IUD. I also do have

Customer Question
I am having constipation...

I am having constipation with my IUD. I also do have endometriosis in the bowel area and not sure if this is causing this. I was ok up until about 2 weeks ago. i have had the IUD since July 2017

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I had one in April. I did have abnormal in the past and have been ok for about 6-9 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

PCOS which I have been told and treated for with Metformin. HOwever that was stopped 2 years ago and IBS

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Constipation is not typically from an IUD

It can be from your IBS

What is your question exactly?

Is this normal basically is the question. I know that that it doesn't cause constipation but the hormones, could they be throwing out all levels in the body? I am going to have to go get examined. I am also having discomfort in that it feels like there is inflammation as well. Not sure if this is a pelvic infection as well or IBS inflammation

Yes, of course you can';t tell that without exam.

No it is not normal.

This would be vary unusual side effects.

Possible but not normal.

I suggest you have a TSH level run. This is an indication of thyroid function. If over 2.5, then this hormone can be involved.

And this will affect other hormones as well.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.