OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just had intercourse with a guy unprotected and he doesn't…

Customer Question
I just had sexual...

I just had sexual intercourse with a guy unprotected and he doesn't have any STD's i made sure of that. but when i sit down or walk my vagina where he penetrated at is very itchy, and when i wipe down there i noticed a little brown spot sometimes and i noticed a blood spot if i wipe too hard

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Well i've tried the Summer's Eve wipes i hope i'm not allergic to them and I'll say for about 3 weeks now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else I just hope I'm not pregnant because my period was off

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually while this is unlikely to be a STD, it can be one of a couple of other conditions. It is possible that you could have developed mild trauma in the area which can lead to mild bleeding of this sort, it can also be a cervical erosion which can arise because of simple trauma as well. This would be diagnosed on the basis of a simple clinical examination and then treated with various medications.

Another cause can be development of an infection, such as a yeast infection. Now the problem with yeast infections is that men usually dont develop them but they can be a carrier of fungi. So it is possible that you could have developed a yeast infection which is causing the problem. Bacterial infections which are not sexyally transmitted can also cause this problem.

However usually itching and bleeding immediately after sexual intercourse (that is within a few hours or 24 hours) is a consequence of trauma more than anything else and usually the symptoms would subside within 24-48 hours and if they dont then you should get evaluated for bacterial and fungal infections.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/