OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have the Mirena now for 6 months. The past 7 days I’ve…

Customer Question
I have the Mirena...

I have the Mirena now for 6 months. The past 7 days I’ve been extremely nauseated, today I wiped bright red but now consistent bleeding. I also have throbbing pain in my left ovary. I don’t know what’s going on

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

7 days. Curling up in a ball makes it better

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have two small kids, last one born February

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

You need an immediate exam.

This is visceral pain.

Might be a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst.

Appendix is on the right lower.

Could also be a uterine problem if bleeding, like fibroids.

Constant pain must be examined.

If blood in the urine, kidney stone.

And so on.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

What is the possibility of maybe the Mirena got dislodged or maybe I’m pregnant? Also I’d like to mention, for what ever reason my cervix is lower than usual, I’m not normally able to feel it. I checked because I was curious and I felt a bump on mycervix

Can even cause perforation in rare cases.

Again, exam needed.

Pregnancy, possible, not likely but possible.

If you cant fell it, obviously, exam asap.

blood test for pregnancy.

Ultrasound.