OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have PCOS and Hashimoto's disease and my periods have

Customer Question
Hi I have PCOS...

Hi I have PCOS and Hashimoto's disease and my periods have always been all over the place up until the birth of my second child. When I got my periods again they were like clockwork with 28 day cycle and midcycle spotting for 3 days. Lately however (last 3 months) am having 40 day cycles with what looks like normal period from day 1 to 7 and then brown scant spotting from day 7 to about day 23, then nothing and then the period comes again on day 38-40. Is this something to do with PCOS,hashimoto's or can it be more serious? I am 39 years old as well and my grandmother menopaused at 38, while mum satrted having perimenaupose around the same time and menopaused at 50.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My thyroid levels were tested last feb and were all within limits, no change to my eutroxsig, am in 500mg of metformin as well

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

No problem doctor. Thank you!

Your these symptoms are likely due to PCOS and Hashimoto's.

These are unlikely to be due anything serious.

Your family history too is likely to be responsible for these symptoms.

You may following investigations for the confirmation:

1) FSH, LH, and estrogen levels.

2) TSH

3) Prolactin level

4) A general chemistry profile to check for any systemic diseases

5) Pelvic ultrasound to check endometrial stripe

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor