OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Ihavent had my period in 2 months and im 48 years old. what…

Customer Question
Ihavent had my period...

Ihavent had my period in 2 months and im 48 years old. what should i do or why that happen i just fill blooaded

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain they were evry moth and i last 7days

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Do you get night sweats or any other associated symptoms?

Did you have regular periods in past?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online. I am posting my answer below-

It is possible that you are starting to get your menopause.
It can start by missing a period during a month, then again getting it on the second month. The number of missed period may increase until it stops altogether.
Sometimes , menopause can start suddenly and and you may stop getting your periods again. There may be no other symptoms of menopause (like hot flashes, night sweats) at all.

The average age of menopause is 51 years old. But most women reach menopause between the ages of 45 and 55 years.

To make you more clear- There is no "normal" and definite pattern of bleeding during the perimenopause, and it vary from woman to woman.
Some women get hot flashes, vaginal dryness , frequent urination and physical changes like weight gain.

You may need a blood test to check for the level of the hormones estrogen and LH.
Your doctor may prescribe Hormone therapy, this consist of Estrogen and progesterone therapy.

I would recommend that you visit your doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh