OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing sensitive /tender breast nipples with a…

Customer Question
I am experiencing sensitive...

I am experiencing sensitive /tender breast nipples with a milky sour smelling dischargeWhat cid cause this

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not specifically. I do have annual mamograms and( last one spring 2017.)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Meds: gabapentin, Advair, Montklast. I have osteoartheritis so I take over the counter pain pills ie Advil

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It been a couple of weeks with regard to the sensitivity and itching but I have had periodic discharge for some time. Cleansing the nipple with mid soap. I use a cotton pad with peroxide to clean the discharge. An antibiotic or hydrocortizone ointment to realieves the itching.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This can be anything ranging from infection in the breast most likely bacterial, which can be organised in the form of abscess or it can be something more concerning like fibrocystic disease or tumor. This is something you must need a thorough examination as well as imaging of the breast to rule out anything serious and for antibiotics prescription in case of infection. So i would recommend you to see your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor