OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Difference between digestive pain vs UTI pain in elderly…

Customer Question
difference between digestive pain vs...
difference between digestive pain vs UTI pain in elderly woman? My patient began to stir and get agitated at the dinner table after finishing her meal. This doesn't typically happen but when it does, i try to thnk that it might be that she is inproving?I tried to coax her to the toilet and there was some hesitation and she was pointing to pain along the bottom of the belly at the pubic area and later more along her lower right abdomen. What does this mean?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: OB GYN
9/28/2017
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Does she have any other symptoms such as frequent urination, passing dark-colored urine, or red/pink urine? Regarding stools is she constipated or having blood in stools?

Often two hours passes before the diaper is wet. THere is sluggish bowel movement but no bleeding because i didn't notice any red or pink color in the toilet water after the BM. Ive been getting better at predicting a BM and when to provide assistance with Milk of Mag or other supplements.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I will opt out of this question and allow another expert to help you with this.

Thank you!

For the next person; I have an appt with the doctor at 2:30 today. But can someone chime in on whether having a half portion of whey protein a raw egg, mixed with 3 inches piece of cucumber in a smoothie two mornings in a row and a little ice cream two nights, as well as a few servings of diluted coconut milk during the day cause digestive irritation? Those are the few things I've done different that I can recall. I don't usually serve icecrem the same day as whey. Nor do I give whey that often in a smoothie . Is the raw cucumber too hard too digest ?