DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

Have a question regarding an IUD. My niece is working in

Have a question regarding an IUD. My niece is working in Paraguay for a couple of years and had an IUD implanted. They cut the strings very short and she is not able to check it monthly to make sure it is okay. This causes anxiety and she wants to get it replaced with longer strings so she can check it. What is standard practice in the US?

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

they would probably just remove it and reinsert a new one in the US

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/