How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPhilMD Your Own Question
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 60694
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DocPhilMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a question regarding an IUD. My niece is working in

This answer was rated:

Have a question regarding an IUD. My niece is working in Paraguay for a couple of years and had an IUD implanted. They cut the strings very short and she is not able to check it monthly to make sure it is okay. This causes anxiety and she wants to get it replaced with longer strings so she can check it. What is standard practice in the US?

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

they would probably just remove it and reinsert a new one in the US

is this helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

welcome :)

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

DocPhilMD and other OB GYN Specialists are ready to help you